Wednesday, June 14, 2006

new books and a movie

We rented the movie Winged Migration, what a beautiful film, really amazing. The documentary film took three years to make and focuses on the migratory pattern of several birds over all seven continent. There was very little narrative, just amazing photography of birds in flight, their habits and the incredible scenery of our planet. The wide range of music was choreographed to fit the scenes and they did a wonderful job. Meditative, heart wrenching in parts, and just beautiful.

And the mail brought me 3 books I bought on a splurge - these will probably be the last in a while as we're on a new and quite frugal budget - so I'm especially I got these in under the wire!!

Quilted Memories by Lesley Riley
Collage Unleashed by Traci Bautista
Alphabetica by Lynn Perrella

I'm looking forward to curling up on the couch and feasting my eyes on all the delicious eye candy.

No comments: