Wednesday, December 07, 2005

some artwork


leaving tommorrow morning for san diego so i took a couple hours art time before i start packing - nothing like waiting till the last minute:-)

i finished this piece, a 6" x 6" gallery wrapped canvas, made for a trade (taken!)
The face is enlarged from a Middle Ages painting, I painted over it in areas; the background is my usual telephone book page that's been inked and painted up with acrylic. The edges are painted black with white painted letters and red accents that says: "may all beings everywhere be filled with joy and peace"

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Lovely. This is very different from your normal style or maybe it just looks different to me. It is nice to try something new sometimes, expecially when it works out well ;-) Brandi

bridgette said...

hi katie! I just found your blog. I didn't know that you had one! More places for me to see your beautiful artwork :)

justannax said...

Katie!!!! I received it I received it! Sorry for not posting yet, I have been so poorly with the flu but had to come over quickly and give you big BIG BIG hug for your most wonderful package!! You are so lovely!!! Sending you hugs and love on this special Yule! May all your dreams come true in the New Year!!! xxx

Sarah e.Smith said...

i LOVE your work! The work in your Picture Trail is beautiful! I was wondering if you would like to exchange links with me?
My blog is http://waxing_poetic.blogspot.com and my website is http://www.rusticrelics.net

Please let me know! i look forward to seeing your creations throughout the new year!

Sarah Smith
Rustic Relics Designs